Friday, February 6, 2009

Staying Home on a Friday Night

Well yesterday Brian, Paul, and I had a 1 mile race. I did not do so well haha. I started off in the lead trying to push the pace as fast as I could. My first lap came in at 1:40 which means I was on a 6:40/mile pace. Then I hit the wall. The next laps came considerably slower while Paul and Brian extended thier lead. My final time was 7:55. I have done better on the indoor track but under 8 minutes isnt bad for a guy who weighs 270+ lbs.

Today I had a 5 mile run. I started at my house and made a loop out of Hills Chapel and Hwy 55. My time came in at 48:20. I ran with Cytomax today and it seemed to help a little. I am glad the gym is reopening tomorrow. Its been closed the past 2 days. I am doing Joyce's 8am boot camp.

Tonight I have decided to stay home and get stuff done around the house. Pretty boring, but oh well. Tomorrow night should prove to be more exciting.

Oh and I ran across the race in the UK. It really makes a 1/2 marathon look like a walk in the park! I'll post a pic from it as well.


Competitors brave water, fire and smoke during the Tough Guy Challenge 2009 at South Perton Farm on February 1, 2009. (Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)

1 comment: