Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekly Blog...Apparently

Well another week has gone by. I feel like I made pretty good progress this week.

Monday - I weighed in and lost more weight. 2 lbs maybe. I can't really remember, but that put me at 17 lbs for the competition, and 75 lbs overall since I started losing weight about a year ago.
Spin class was a breeze.

Tuesday - Racquetball and then spin class with Don. My favorite class of the week as usual.

Wednesday - Ran 5.5 miles. My time was 53:10. I was ok with that since I am just trying to do better than 10 min/mile. Weight training afterward.

Thursday - Racquetball then spin class.

Friday - I had a 5k on Saturday so I didn't want to run the planned 5.5 miles. I ran 1 mile in 7:50 then did weight training.

Saturday - Paws for a Cause 5k. I was expecting alot more people, but since they had a seperate 1 mile fun walk, only 17 people signed up for the 5k. After sizing up the other 16 people, I was actually worried I might come in last! So we lined up and the horn blew at 10am. We took off. After a short distance, I counted 10 people in front of me. So that meant there were only 6 people behind me, and I could hear thier footsteps. The 32 degree air was burning my lungs already. After about a mile most of the pack had disappeared ahead of me. I could see two people. I was gaining on the first guy. I passed him at around 1.5 miles. Then I sized up the next guy. At 2.5 miles we were going up a very long and steep hill. I passed him about 3/4 of the way up. So at this point I was in 9th place. And thats how I finished. 9th out of 17 with a time of 27:53. A little slower than the Preds 5k, but it was colder and I just didn't feel as motivated. The winner had a fairly slow time of 21 minutes and change. Later that day I got to hang out with my friend Jennifer. We went to Shelbyville that night to watch my friend Chase perform at the Courthouse Cafe. It was fun and I got to see alot of people I have not seen in forever. One person in particular I had not seen since 8th grade. Others not since high school. After his performance alot of us went to his house to hang out and play a little ping pong. Good times.

Sunday (today) - Today I ran 9 freakin' miles. It's the longest distance I have ran without stopping. I was a little worried about my shorts since they don't have a very good drawstring, but after jumping up and down I was confident they would stay up. Turns out I was wrong. After about 6.5 miles I feel them start to slide down. They are heavy with sweat and my under armor underwear is slick with sweat. A bad combination. So just when they are about to fall to my ankles, I grab them and pull them up. I repeat this process every 2-3 laps. Lesson learned on those shorts. I was shooting for 10 minute miles and finished with a time of 1:29:47. Just a hair faster than 10 min/mile. And now I hope I have lost weight for tomorrow's weigh in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, imagine how much faster you would have been if you wouldn't been tugging at your shirts. Great job man! 9 miles is a long freaking way way to run.

    ReplyDelete