Thursday, January 22, 2009

Its Not Easy Being The Fat Kid

Well today I broke my bike in spin class. Not a strap or a knob or anything like that. I broke the entire crank arm and pedal right off. Broken metal. I was the only person in the front row and about 20 minutes in Leslie had us cranking our tension up and standing. I was determined to push as fast as I could. Then all of a sudden *snap*! I was standing on the floor with flashbacks of my youth when I would sit in chair and break it. So did I run out of the room sobbing? No I calmly moved my towels and water bottle to the bike next to me and picked right back up. I was really hoping this bike would not break...now that would be embarassing. Well I pushed hard and made it through class. We were listening to songs from the new Metallica album so at least the music was good. I also played some racquetball before spin class. I beat one of the veterans in a singles game so I was happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. The exact same thing happened to a lady at the back of the room a week or so ago in Kim's thurs 5:30am class. Those bikes need to be replaced before someone really gets hurt. Glad you didn't cry. ha!

    ReplyDelete