Sunday, January 25, 2009

My First Race

Well today I had my first race. It was the Black Horse Pub 5k. It was organized by the Clarksville Running Club so I did not know what to expect. Brian and I got there and got registered. We were given a number and just waited for others to come. By race time there were probably 40+ people ready to run. We drove around a little to check out the course, especially the insane hill at the end. The run went pretty well I was around 17 minutes at 2 miles and felt pretty good. We had to cross a pedistrian bridge twice which mean running up and down stairs which slowed me down some. Then came the last hill. I ran most of it, but eventually I had to walk some of it (as did everyone else I could see). Then I finished strong with a time of 29:02. Not as good as I had hoped, but given the cold and the terrain, I was happy with it. Especially since I beat over half the field. I think 10-15 people were ahead of me. It feels good to get my first race under my belt.

And here is the map and elevation profile of the run...




1 comment: