Wednesday, January 28, 2009

60 Laps...



Well its been awhile. I think my last post was about my 5k on Sunday. So what has happened since then. Well I weighed in on Monday for my weight loss competition. I lost 7 lbs since the previous Monday. So I was pretty happy with that. Then I flew to Boston for a work meeting. It was supposed to last all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I was going to fly home late Wednesday. Well we got word of a large snow storm coming in Wednesday morning, so out meeting lasted 12+ hours on Tuesday so we could get everything in and we could fly out the next morning and hopefully miss the storm. So I we changed to an 8:45 am flight with a Baltimore layover. We get to the airport early because it was already snowing. As soon as I walk in, the airport I hear my name being paged. I get through security and to my gate. They get me onto the 7:15 am flight to Baltimore and the plane is supposed to continue on to Nashville. Even better I thought! Then I realize everyone has boarded the plane. So I know there is nothing but middle seats. What I did not anticipate was the flight attendant taking my carry-on away from me since there was "no more overhead space." I did not check any bags for this short trip. I had my mp3 player, cell phone charger, magazines etc in my bag. Now I had nothing. It was whisked away and put under the plane. So I take the last middle seat on the plane. And I sit there miserably as I listen to the pilot announce that Baltimore was not accepting any more flights and that we would have to sit there at least an hour before we could take off. Well shit. An hour and a half later they tell us to get off the plane (I took the above picture after I got off). I ask for my carry on. They say they cannot get it for me and I will have to pick it up at baggage claim. In Nashville. It is then my cell phone beeps to let me know it is about to die. If only I had a charger....

So after and hour in the terminal they finally reboard us, but no one has a boarding pass. So they have to check everyone's ID on a list and board us in proper order. So I get stuck in yet another middle seat. We finally take off after another 30 minutes of misery and land in an icy slushy Baltimore. Everyone gets off the plane except the Nashville passengers. Finally I get to move to a decent seat. I take the nice roomy exit row. The flight to Nashville was half empty and uneventful. I get off the plane, wait patiently for my carry-on to come down the belt and I come home.

I get home fairly exhausted. Today is supposed to be a 5 mile training run. Since I did not work out any the past 2 days, I force myself to go to the gym. I hit the track and start running. I have 60 laps. I decided not to push the pace and just run to the music in my headphones. I checked my split times for each of the 5 miles. They were... 9:00, 9:20, 9:40, 9:40, and 9:20 for a total of 47 minutes. Actual time was 47:04. Then I hit the weight room for a little upper body workout.

I dont feel like proof reading this entry, so just overlook any typos.




No comments:

Post a Comment