Sunday, January 18, 2009

Redemption

Well today is the day for my 7 mile run. I geard up in tights and my fleece and went outside. It was much warmer than I expected so I went back in and took off the tights. Such a nice day. I was hoping my easy day yesterday would help me through my run. Paul and I started at the rec center as usual and decided to just run west along hwy 41 until we hit 3.5 miles, and then come back. So we started running and pretty much immediately started up a long hill. I was hurting already. Just 1 mile and I was thinking that I was going to have a repeat of yesterday. Well I pushed through the hill and felt much better once the terrain leveled off. Kept a 10 minute pace going for awhile and turned around at the 3,5 mile mark. Coming back it was more downhill so the pace felt ok. Around 5 miles I got some mild stiches but they subsided. At a little past 6 miles we were going up a hill and I got the worst stitch in my side. It hurt and I slowed down for a minute maybe, but I crested the hill and stitch went away. I stopped my watch at the 7 mile mark. The time was 70:07. I was very happy with this. I have come such a long way from not even being able to run 1/2 mile on the indoor track. And I definitely redeemed myself for Friday's performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment